Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) agencies are key resources that offer free and/or low-cost training and technical assistance to family childcare providers and their staff.
The Committee for Hispanic Children and Families, Inc. (CHCF) has bilingual Specialists (Spanish and French) who can provide FREE assistance to programs in the following ways:
- CHCF Specialists can guide entrepreneurs through the process of becoming a family childcare provider.
- Early Care and Education (ECE) specialists can visit a program site or office to provide the childcare provider, his/her assistants and/or substitutes with a one-on-one consultation, personalized training, and/or resources in all areas related to family childcare. ECE specialists can partner with the provider to enhance the family childcare program and help him/her meet compliance with New York State Regulations.
- ECE specialists are trained in the administration of a number of nationally recognized environmental training scales including ECERS-R (Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale), ITERS-R (Infant Toddler Environment Rating Scale), and FCCERS-R (Family Child Care Environmental Rating Scale). These rating scales, optional tools available to family childcare providers, are designed to assess a childcare program’s environment and process. Whatever the needs of the provider may be, ECE specialists can partner with the provider to develop the right quality improvement plan.
- ECE specialists will work with the provider through the Child Development Associate (CDA) credentialing process, help him/her develop a childcare portfolio, prepare for the CDA observation visit, and the online CDA test. CHCF also offers a low-cost NYS credentialed CDA course; see below for more information.
- Health Care Consultants offer one-on-one assistance to help the provider develop a Health Care Plan, which is required as part of the family childcare registration/licensing process. This plan of action will help address a variety of health care issues, such as sudden illness (the provider’s, his/her assistant’s/substitute’s, or a child’s), suspicions of child abuse and maltreatment, medical administration, or a medical emergency. (CHCF also offers low-cost Medical Administration Training; see below for more information.)
- CHCF specialists can work with the provider, his/her assistants and/or substitutes to help incorporate the Healthy Living and Nutrition Curriculum into daily activities. Specialists are also available to give lessons to children and families about best practices that promote healthy living and eating.
The Committee for Hispanic Children and Families, Inc. (CHCF) has bilingual specialists (Spanish and French) who can work with a childcare program for an affordable fee in the following:
- Spanish-language Trainings
- 30 Hour License Renewal
- NYS 15-Hour Health & Safety
- Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Medication Administration Training
Each year, the New York City Child Care Resource and Referral Consortium (NYC CCR&R) hosts Child Care Provider Resource Days in all five boroughs of NYC. The event provides professional development opportunities for childcare providers and promotes quality child care and educational programs throughout the city.
Participants can learn about a variety of subjects, including Business Administration, Insurance, Scholarships & Grants, Home Safety, Health & Nutrition, and the Child & Adult Care Food Program.
Visit The New York City Child Care Resource and Referral Consortium site for further information.