Developing Stronger Youth Leaders
CHCF’s Teen Pregnancy Prevention (TPP) program is dedicated to the prevention of pregnancy, reduction of racial and ethnic disparities in sexual health, and promotion of positive health and lifestyle choices among Black and Latino adolescents ages 10 to 21. The TPP program uses team building, youth leadership and evidence-based instruction to teach students about how to prevent HIV and STDs, unintended pregnancy, and improve their self-control and self-esteem.
At the program, students learn to:
- Accept their bodies, gender identities and sexual orientations
- Communicate effectively with family, peers and partners
- Reduce risk and set appropriate sexual boundaries
- Form and maintain meaningful, healthy relationships
The program offers:
- Sex education
- Referrals to adolescent health services
- Academic support
- College trips
- Career days
Like and Follow us on the TPP Program Facebook page!