Are you a good writer? Creative and detail-oriented? Enjoy working in fast-paced environment? Think you can help us maintain our website? If you answered YES to these questions, keep reading.
The Committee for Hispanic Children and Families, Inc. (CHCF) is looking for a responsible, creative, web-savvy intern to assist with communications projects.
Since 1982, The Committee for Hispanic Children and Families, Inc. (CHCF) has been dedicated to improving the quality of life for Latino children and their families. Believing that the most effective way to support Latino families is by building upon their existing strengths and fostering self-sufficiency, CHCF provides a number of programs and services to the community through Youth Development programs and an Early Care & Education Institute.
Grounded in its direct services, CHCF is active on the local, state, and national policy levels around issues of child welfare, early care, education, juvenile justice, and the well-being of Latino children.
We combine education and advocacy for Latino children and families to expand opportunities, amplify our voice and create shared prosperity for all Americans.
May include, but not limited to:
- Assisting communications staff in maintaining a consistent image and brand.
- Research and identify opportunities for publicity.
- Writing and distributing press materials.
- Creating and posting new website content, as well as updating existing content.
- Assisting with the creation of our newsletters. May include research, writing articles, layout design, and editing.
- Updating press contact lists.
- Other administrative tasks/assignments as needed.
Qualifications (What we are looking for):
- A responsible undergraduate/graduate student or recent graduate
- Strong, demonstrated writing and communication skills (a must!)
- Attention to detail
- Background in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related field
- Self-motivated, determined and able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task
- Creativity and enthusiasm
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Dreamweaver) and HTML preferred
- Fluency in Spanish (oral and written) a major plus
The selection process for the internship is competitive. Candidates are selected based on experience, scholastic achievement, demonstrated leadership, and interest in the organization's mission and work.
What we are offering:
- A great opportunity for a lot of hands-on experience
- Flexible schedule
- Behind-the-scenes view of a non-profit
- Networking opportunities
- The opportunity to play a valuable role in helping us reach and improve the lives of more than 14,000 children and families combined.
How to apply:
Please mail or email a cover letter, a resume and a writing sample to:
The Committee for Hispanic Children and Families, Inc.
110 William Street, Suite 1802
New York, NY 10038
Phone: 212- 206-1090
Address: 110 William Street, Suite 1802, New York, NY 10038
Back to Careers at CHCF